To understand the current state of alliance management in biopharma partnerships and some internal best practices, we interviewed 16 of our Inova Alliances customers. These participants represent alliance managers, working in an established department with defined processes and tools.
Best practices for alliance management
Alliance management activity will never decrease
As it becomes more integral to the industry, activity is expected to increase, a Deloitte study of pharmaceutical, biotheque, and med-tech compagnies in Western Europe revelated thay 82% of compagnies expect their alliance management activity to increase, while the remaining 18% expect it to stay the same.
In a Deloitte study, 63% of respondents from Western European life science companies did not have a dedicated Alliance Manager.
Factors for Assigning Alliance Management Responsibilities
Best practices for a successful Alliance Management function
We will go through some tips on how to build an effective alliance management function from our alliance manager clients, insights from some resources, and our own observations that we developed working together with top pharma and biotech companies over the years.